Doctor–Patient Conversations (Class vii)

 

🩺 πŸ‘¨‍⚕️ πŸ’¬ πŸ§‘

SPOKEN ENGLISH

Doctor–Patient Conversations

🌟 Learn • Practise • Speak • Improve 🌟

🎯 Learning Objective

In these conversations, students will learn how to describe common health problems, talk about symptoms, ask questions, understand simple advice and make follow-up appointments in English.

🀧

Conversation 1: Cough and Cold

πŸ‘¨‍⚕️ Doctor: Hello Sir! What seems to be the problem today?
πŸ§‘ Patient: Good morning, Doctor. I'm really not feeling well.
πŸ‘¨‍⚕️ Doctor: I see. Can you tell me some of your symptoms?
πŸ§‘ Patient: I have a mild fever, a headache, and I keep sneezing and coughing.
πŸ‘¨‍⚕️ Doctor: Oh... it's just a cough and cold. Take one spoon of ginger juice mixed with honey.
πŸ§‘ Patient: How many times a day should I take it?
πŸ‘¨‍⚕️ Doctor: Take it twice a day. Additionally, make sure to drink warm fluids throughout the day and get plenty of rest.
πŸ§‘ Patient: Understood. When shall I come to see you again?
πŸ‘¨‍⚕️ Doctor: Come back for a check-up next Sunday.
πŸ§‘ Patient: All right. Thank you, Doctor!
πŸ‘„

Conversation 2: Dry Lips

πŸ‘¨‍⚕️ Doctor: Hello! Good morning. How can I help you today?
πŸ§‘ Patient: Good morning, Doctor. I'm having a problem with my face and mouth.
πŸ‘¨‍⚕️ Doctor: I see. Can you describe the specific symptoms you're experiencing?
πŸ§‘ Patient: My lips are extremely dry, cracked, and uncomfortable.
πŸ‘¨‍⚕️ Doctor: Ah, it's a case of dry lips. My recommendation is to apply a little ghee directly to your lips.
πŸ§‘ Patient: How often should I apply it each day?
πŸ‘¨‍⚕️ Doctor: Apply it three to four times a day. Additionally, make sure to drink sufficient water throughout the day and avoid wetting your lips with your tongue.
πŸ§‘ Patient: Understood. When shall I come for my next appointment?
πŸ‘¨‍⚕️ Doctor: Let’s check on it next Friday.
πŸ§‘ Patient: That works for me. Thank you, Doctor!
πŸ—£️

Conversation 3: Sore Throat

πŸ‘¨‍⚕️ Doctor: Hello! Welcome in. What seems to be the problem today?
πŸ§‘ Patient: Good morning, Doctor. I'm really not feeling well.
πŸ‘¨‍⚕️ Doctor: What symptoms are you noticing?
πŸ§‘ Patient: My throat feels scratchy and raw, and it hurts every time I swallow.
πŸ‘¨‍⚕️ Doctor: You are dealing with a sore throat. A simple, effective remedy is to gargle with warm salt water.
πŸ§‘ Patient: How warm should the water be, and how many times a day should I gargle?
πŸ‘¨‍⚕️ Doctor: Use comfortably warm water, three times a day. Additionally, drink herbal teas throughout the day and strictly avoid cold drinks.
πŸ§‘ Patient: Okay, I will follow that. When should I see you again?
πŸ‘¨‍⚕️ Doctor: Please schedule your next appointment for next Tuesday.
πŸ§‘ Patient: Sure thing. Thank you, Doctor!
😴

Conversation 4: Fatigue

πŸ‘¨‍⚕️ Doctor: Good morning! What brings you to the clinic today?
πŸ§‘ Patient: Good morning, Doctor. I haven't been feeling like myself lately.
πŸ‘¨‍⚕️ Doctor: What kind of symptoms have you been having?
πŸ§‘ Patient: I feel constantly exhausted, sluggish, and drained of energy all day long.
πŸ‘¨‍⚕️ Doctor: It sounds like fatigue. The primary solution is to ensure you get adequate sleep and maintain a well-balanced diet.
πŸ§‘ Patient: How many hours of sleep should I aim for each night?
πŸ‘¨‍⚕️ Doctor: Target around 7 to 8 hours of quality sleep. As an extra step, take short walks during the day to help increase your energy levels naturally.
πŸ§‘ Patient: I can definitely do that. When shall I come back for a follow-up?
πŸ‘¨‍⚕️ Doctor: Come back to see me next Monday so we can review your energy levels.
πŸ§‘ Patient: Sounds good. Thank you, Doctor!

⭐ Useful Spoken English Expressions

πŸ—£️ What seems to be the problem?
πŸ‘‰ What is the problem?
πŸ—£️ I'm not feeling well.
πŸ‘‰ I am feeling sick or unwell.
πŸ—£️ Can you describe your symptoms?
πŸ‘‰ Tell me about the problems you are experiencing.
πŸ—£️ How often should I take it?
πŸ‘‰ Asking about frequency.
πŸ—£️ When shall I come back?
πŸ‘‰ Asking about the next visit.
πŸ—£️ What brings you to the clinic?
πŸ‘‰ Why have you come to the clinic?
πŸ—£️ Thank you, Doctor!
πŸ‘‰ A polite way to end the conversation.

πŸ“š Important Vocabulary

🀧 Cough — a sudden sound caused by irritation in the throat or lungs.
🌑️ Fever — a high body temperature.
πŸ€• Headache — pain in the head.
πŸ‘„ Cracked — having small splits or lines on the surface.
πŸ—£️ Sore throat — pain or irritation in the throat.
πŸ’§ Gargle — to wash the throat with liquid.
😴 Fatigue — extreme tiredness.
⚡ Energy — strength needed for physical or mental activity.
🩺 Symptoms — signs of an illness or health problem.
πŸ“… Appointment — an arranged time to meet a doctor.
πŸŽ€πŸ—£️

Speaking Practice

πŸ‘¨‍⚕️ Student A: Act as the doctor.

πŸ§‘ Student B: Act as the patient.

πŸ”„ Change roles and practise again.

🎭 Try to speak naturally instead of simply memorising the dialogue.

πŸ’‘ Challenge for Students

Create your own doctor–patient conversation about another common health problem.

🩺 πŸ“š πŸ—£️ ⭐

Speak English Every Day!

Practise • Speak • Improve • Become Confident

Spoken English Learning Material for Students

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ENGLISH (ARTS) QUESTION 2025 GROUP-A with Answer

Questions 2026

Unit Test - II