PRESENT PERFECT TENSE-2

 

🌟 PRESENT PERFECT TENSE 🌟

Uses • Examples • Rules • Practice

📌 Structure: Subject + has/have + V³ (Past Participle)
🔑 Remember:
Has → He, She, It, Singular Subject
Have → I, You, We, They, Plural Subject

🟢 1. An Action Completed Recently

We use the Present Perfect Tense for an action that has been completed recently.

1. I have just finished my homework.
2. She has just arrived at school.
3. They have completed their project.
4. He has recently bought a new bicycle.
5. We have just eaten our breakfast.
6. The teacher has entered the classroom.
7. My father has returned from work.
8. The students have finished the examination.
9. The rain has stopped.
10. The bus has arrived.
💡 Common words: just recently already

🔵 2. A Past Action with a Result in the Present

We use the Present Perfect when a past action has a result or effect that is important now.

1. I have lost my pen. (I don't have it now.)
2. She has broken the glass. (The glass is broken now.)
3. He has opened the door. (The door is open now.)
4. They have cleaned the classroom. (It is clean now.)
5. I have forgotten his name. (I don't remember it now.)
6. The boy has torn his shirt.
7. Someone has switched off the fan.
8. We have missed the bus.
9. My brother has damaged his bicycle.
10. The children have spilled the milk.

🟣 3. To Express Life Experiences

We use the Present Perfect to talk about experiences in someone's life without mentioning a specific past time.

1. I have visited Delhi.
2. She has climbed a mountain.
3. He has never ridden a horse.
4. We have seen the Taj Mahal.
5. They have travelled by aeroplane.
6. I have read this book.
7. She has met a famous writer.
8. Have you ever visited Odisha?
9. Has he ever played cricket?
10. I have never eaten Chinese food.
💡 Common words: ever never before

🟠 4. An Action That Started in the Past and Continues Now

📍 Using SINCE

Since indicates the starting point of an action.

1. I have lived here since 2020.
2. She has worked at this school since 2022.
3. He has studied English since childhood.
4. We have known each other since 2015.
5. They have been friends since primary school.
6. My father has worked here since January.
7. I have had this bicycle since last year.
8. She has stayed here since Monday.
9. He has been sick since yesterday.
10. I have studied English since childhood.

⏳ Using FOR

For indicates the duration of an action.

1. I have lived here for six years.
2. She has worked at this school for four years.
3. He has studied English for ten years.
4. We have known each other for a long time.
5. They have been friends for five years.
6. My father has worked here for twenty years.
7. I have had this phone for two years.
8. She has stayed here for three days.
9. He has been sick for two days.
10. We have waited for an hour.
⭐ Remember:
Since → Starting point: since 2020, since Monday
For → Duration: for six years, for two hours

🔴 5. Repeated Actions Up to the Present

1. I have watched this movie three times.
2. She has visited her grandmother twice this month.
3. He has called me five times today.
4. We have played this game many times.
5. They have won several matches this year.
6. I have read this story twice.
7. She has cooked this dish many times.
8. The teacher has explained this lesson several times.
9. My brother has lost his pen twice this week.
10. We have travelled to Puri many times.
💡 Common expressions: many times • twice • several times • today • this week

🟡 6. Actions Completed with "Already"

Already shows that something has happened before the present moment.

1. I have already finished my homework.
2. She has already eaten lunch.
3. He has already left the office.
4. We have already completed the work.
5. They have already reached home.
6. The teacher has already explained the lesson.
7. My mother has already cooked dinner.
8. The students have already submitted their assignments.
9. I have already read this chapter.
10. She has already cleaned her room.
Pattern: Subject + has/have + already + V³

🟤 7. Negative Actions with "Yet"

We use yet in negative sentences to say that something has not happened up to now.

1. I have not finished my homework yet.
2. She has not arrived yet.
3. He has not eaten breakfast yet.
4. We have not completed the work yet.
5. They have not returned home yet.
6. The teacher has not come yet.
7. My father has not called me yet.
8. The bus has not arrived yet.
9. I have not received the letter yet.
10. She has not answered my question yet.
Pattern: Subject + has/have + not + V³ + yet

🔷 8. Questions with "Yet"

1. Have you finished your homework yet?
2. Has she arrived yet?
3. Have they eaten lunch yet?
4. Has he completed the work yet?
5. Have you read the book yet?
6. Has your father returned home yet?
7. Have the students submitted their assignments yet?
8. Has the bus arrived yet?
9. Have you cleaned your room yet?
10. Has the teacher checked the notebooks yet?
Pattern: Has/Have + Subject + V³ + yet?

🔵 9. Actions in an Unfinished Time Period

We use the Present Perfect when the time period is still continuing.

1. I have drunk two glasses of water today.
2. She has completed three exercises this morning.
3. He has called me twice today.
4. We have had two classes this week.
5. They have won three matches this season.
6. I have read five pages this afternoon.
7. My brother has watched two movies this month.
8. The teacher has given us several tests this year.
9. She has written two letters today.
10. We have learned many new words this week.
💡 Examples of unfinished time: today • this week • this month • this year

🟣 10. Actions with "Just"

We use just to express an action that happened a very short time ago.

1. I have just finished my breakfast.
2. She has just left the classroom.
3. He has just arrived at the station.
4. We have just completed the test.
5. They have just won the match.
6. My mother has just prepared tea.
7. The children have just returned from school.
8. The bell has just rung.
9. I have just received your message.
10. The rain has just started.
Pattern: Subject + has/have + just + V³

📊 Present Perfect Tense – Quick Revision

Usage Example
Recent action I have just eaten.
Present result She has lost her key.
Life experience I have visited Delhi.
Continuing action I have lived here for five years.
Repeated action He has called me twice.
Already We have already finished.
Yet – Negative She hasn't arrived yet.
Yet – Question Have you finished yet?
Unfinished time I have studied today.
Just He has just come.

✏️ Practice Time! 🎯

Complete the sentences using the Present Perfect Tense.

1. She ________ (finish) her homework.
👁️ Show Answer

Answer: has finished

2. I ________ (visit) Puri three times.
👁️ Show Answer

Answer: have visited

3. They ________ (not complete) the work yet.
👁️ Show Answer

Answer: have not completed

4. He ________ (live) here since 2020.
👁️ Show Answer

Answer: has lived

5. ________ you ever ________ (see) a tiger?
👁️ Show Answer

Answer: Have, seen

6. My father ________ (just return) from work.
👁️ Show Answer

Answer: has just returned

7. We ________ (already complete) the project.
👁️ Show Answer

Answer: have already completed

8. She ________ (not arrive) yet.
👁️ Show Answer

Answer: has not arrived

9. They ________ (win) several matches this season.
👁️ Show Answer

Answer: have won

10. ________ he ever ________ (ride) a horse?
👁️ Show Answer

Answer: Has, ridden

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ENGLISH (ARTS) QUESTION 2025 GROUP-A with Answer

Questions 2026

Unit Test - II