Present Perfect Tense


⏰📚✨

PRESENT PERFECT TENSE

ବର୍ତ୍ତମାନ ପୂର୍ଣ୍ଣ କାଳ

English Grammar Notes


💡 What is Present Perfect Tense?

Present Perfect Tense is used when an action has been completed, but its result or effect is connected with the present.

Present Perfect Tense କୁ ସେହି ସମୟରେ ବ୍ୟବହାର କରାଯାଏ, ଯେତେବେଳେ କାମଟି ହୋଇସାରିଛି, କିନ୍ତୁ ତାହାର ଫଳାଫଳ ବର୍ତ୍ତମାନ ସହିତ ଜଡ଼ିତ ଅଛି।

Action Completed ✅ + Present Result 🔗

🏗️ Basic Structure

Subject + has/have + V3 + Object

Helping Verb Used With
HAS He, She, It, Name, My brother, My mother etc.
HAVE I, You, We, They + Plural Subjects
📝 Important: Present Perfect Tense ରେ Main Verb ର V3 (Past Participle) form ବ୍ୟବହାର ହୁଏ।

⚡ HAS or HAVE?

🟣 HAS

He has gone.

She has arrived.

Ram has completed the work.

🟢 HAVE

I have gone.

We have arrived.

They have completed the work.


📚 10 Important Examples

ଓଡ଼ିଆ English
1. ସେ ଯାଇଛି।He has gone.
2. ଟ୍ରେନ୍ ପହଞ୍ଚିଛି।The train has arrived.
3. ମୁଁ ସ୍ନାନ କରିଛି।I have taken a bath.
4. ସେ ସୋଇଯାଇଛି।She has slept.
5. ସୁରେଶ ଏବେ ଏବେ ପହଞ୍ଚିଛି।Suresh has just arrived.
6. ଏମାତ୍ର ସାତଟା ହେଲା।It has just struck seven.
7. ମୁଁ ମୋର ପ୍ରୋଜେକ୍ଟ ସମ୍ପୂର୍ଣ୍ଣ କରିଛି।I have completed my project.
8. ମହେଶ ତାଙ୍କ କାମ ସମ୍ପୂର୍ଣ୍ଣ କରିଛି।Mahesh has completed his work.
9. ଶିକ୍ଷକ ଖାଇଛନ୍ତି।The teacher has taken food.
10. ମହେଶ ଏବେ ଏବେ ପହଞ୍ଚିଛି।Mahesh has just arrived.

✅ Affirmative Sentences

Subject + has/have + V3 + Object

🔹 He has gone.

🔹 I have done my work.

🔹 They have played football.

🔹 Sita has arrived.


❌ Negative Sentences

Subject + has/have + not + V3 + Object

Affirmative Negative
I have taken lunch. I have not taken lunch.
They have gone. They have not gone.
Sita has arrived. Sita has not arrived.
He has gone. He has not gone.
💡 Rule: Negative sentence ରେ has/have ପରେ “not” ବ୍ୟବହାର କରାଯାଏ।

❓ Interrogative Sentences

Has/Have + Subject + V3 + Object?

Affirmative Interrogative
I have taken lunch. Have I taken lunch?
They have gone. Have they gone?
Sita has arrived. Has Sita arrived?
He has gone. Has he gone?
💡 Rule: Interrogative sentence ରେ has/have କୁ subject ର ଆଗରେ ରଖାଯାଏ।

❓❌ Interrogative-Negative

Structure 1:

Has/Have + Subject + not + V3 + Object?

Structure 2:

Hasn't/Haven't + Subject + V3 + Object?

Full Form Short Form
Has he not taken food? Hasn't he taken food?
Have I not done my work? Haven't I done my work?
Have they not gone? Haven't they gone?
Has she not arrived? Hasn't she arrived?

🧠 Quick Revision: HAS / HAVE

Subject Helping Verb Example
He has He has gone.
She has She has arrived.
I have I have worked.
You have You have worked.
We have We have worked.
They have They have worked.

📌 Remember: Use V³

Present Perfect Tense ରେ main verb ର Third Form (V³) ବ୍ୟବହାର ହୁଏ।

V¹ V² V³
gowentgone
writewrotewritten
eatateeaten
dodiddone
taketooktaken

⭐ SUPER QUICK REVISION ⭐

✅ Affirmative

Subject + has/have + V³ + Object

❌ Negative

Subject + has/have + not + V³ + Object

❓ Interrogative

Has/Have + Subject + V³ + Object?

❓❌ Interrogative-Negative

Has/Have + Subject + not + V³ + Object?


🧠 Easy Memory Trick

HAS → He, She, It 👨‍🏫👩‍🎓

HAVE → I, You, We, They 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦

Always remember → HAS/HAVE + V³ ✅


📚 ✍️ 🎓 🌟
Learn Grammar • Practise Daily • Improve Your English

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ENGLISH (ARTS) QUESTION 2025 GROUP-A with Answer

Questions 2026

Unit Test - II